Wednesday, September 1, 2010

RIP Challenge

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril V Challenge

Stainless Steel Droppings is hosting the fifth R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril V Challenge and I have finally decided to participate this year, especially as I get to read some of my favourite genres.  Visit Carl's site for all of the information and for the Mister Linky sign-up post.  There is definitely something for everyone in this challenge, including a one-book read for those who are reading outside their comfort zone.  Pull up a good book, snuggle up beside that fire, grab a hot chocolate and a cookie, and have fun reading.  It's scary, scary time!!!  How I loved reading these types of books as a child!!!   And still do!  I still can remember my mother giving my grandmother heck because she gave me gothic romances to read when I was nine, and then I couldn't sleep at night because I was scared as her house was scary at night.  Funny times!!!

The challenge runs from September 1st to October 31st. 

There are two simple rules for this challenge:
1) Have fun reading.
2) Share that fun with others.

You can include any of the following genres:
Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Dark Fantasy
Gothic
Horror
Supernatural

I have decided to participate in two of the challenges so far as they looked really interesting.



Peril the First:  Read four books of any length that you think fit Carl's definition of scary.

Book 1: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Book 2: The Geneva Deception by James Twining
Book 3: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
(This may be too ambitious for me with everything else
I have to do, but I'll give it a shot.)
Book 4: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Book 5: The Uninvited by Tim Wynne-Jones
Book 6: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (re-read)
Book 7: The Graveyard by Neil Gaiman

This list will natually change in about 48 hours as do all my reading lists,
but it's a start.



Peril on the Screen: For those who like to watch suitably scary, eerie, gothic fare.

True Blood, Episode 12
The Nightmare Before Christmas (with my kiddies)
Scream
The Corpse Bride (with my kiddies)


And whatever else I feel like watching.

What are YOU going to read and watch?





3 comments:

  1. I've signed up for this challenge, too! I think it's gonna be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't sing the praises of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo enough. Same goes for The Woman in White.

    ReplyDelete