Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WOW: Jean M. Auel Returns!!!

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, where we readers get to discuss our favourite upcoming releases.  This week I discovered that Jean M. Auel, who has written one of my all-time favourite novels, The Clan of the Cave Bear, is returning with her sixth book in the Earth's Children Series, and I can't wait.

The Land of Painted Caves (Earth's Children Series, Book 6)
by Jean M. Auel
Release Date: March 29, 2011

This continues the story of Ayla, her mate Jondalar, her little daughter, Jonayla, taking readers on a journey of discovery and adventure as Ayla struggles to find a balance between her duties as a new mother and her training to become a Zelandoni - one of the Ninth Cave community's spiritual leaders and healers. 







Fearscape (Devouring, Book 3)
by Simon Holt
Release Date: October 5, 2010

It's been a year since Reggie first discovered the Vours, and the Winter Soulstice is approaching once again.  It will be another night of unspeakable horror for those unlucky enought to be taken by the Vours, because this time, she won't be able to stop them.  The Vours have imprisoned Reggie in a psychiatric hospital, where she is subjected to a daily routine of unfathomably sadistic experiments.  Her life is a living Hell, but she won't give up.  They attacked her brother.  They killed her friend.  And Reggie will never stop fighting back.






What upcoming releases did YOU discover this week?

5 comments:

  1. I hadn’t heard of the Earth’s Children series. Sounds like one I’d like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fearscape looks great! I haven't read the series but it definitely sounds like my kind of read. I like the cover too. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah! I love Clan of the Cave Bear! Although, Valley of Horses is my favourite of the series. Yay, I can't wait till the next book comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first 4 books of the Earth's Children series but had heard that book 5 wasn't as good - that it was too long and dragged a bit. Did you read it?

    Can you believe it's been 30 years since Clan of the Cave Bear came out?? Wow, where does the time go...

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    In my opinion, book 5 didn't drag at all and ended with so many loose ends I can't wait until book 6 is FINALLY out. I'm just finishing this series for the 3 time, I have been reading them since they first came out and I don't think that I will ever tire of the story.

    ReplyDelete