Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Hi everyone!  It's been a great week this week and I am looking forward to a wonderful couple of months ahead with regards to reading and blogging.  I have made a few resolutions regarding my reading and one of those things is to add some more personal reading to my agenda instead of always focusing on reviews all of the time.  It's actually brought some life and interest back into my reading and I am looking forward to attacking some of the books I have been putting off because of reviews.  I just finished one and am currently in the middle of another, which I can't wait to return to, and it's been a long time since I've had that eager feeling to return to a book.  I'm looking forward to sharing some of those "mini-reviews" with you.

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books and is a great way to connect with other book blogs.  You can find many interesting topics about books and book blogging, discover new authors and new books, and talking about anything concerning books for hours.  Check it out and have fun!

Question for this week"Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"

My Answer:  I read many different genres for many different reasons.  I have always loved the paranormal because as a child I thought it would be really cool to be a witch and have all of these powers.  As an adult, I am still fascinated by things I can't explain, probably even more so, and I am drawn to books that contain an element of the paranormal.  I am drawn to fantasy and science-fiction because of the possibilities that exist and because I am always in awe of the creativity of those authors who can create entire new worlds and civilizations and build stories and characters into those worlds.  I also think the escape from what I normally do in my job is a big draw as I want to read something completely different.  And what is different than flying in spaceships and doing magic tricks?  Love it, love it, love it!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hopping by
    have a good weekend

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love paranormal and fantasy bc of the creativiy that comes with it!

    http://thereadinghousewives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a lot of paranormal too, I also read it a ton growing up and it just kind of stuck with me. I've branched out more as an adult, but I think you tend to stick with what you fell in love with as a kid. I love it as an adult because it bends all the rules, which is way more fun than contemporary (not there aren't some really great contemporary books out there).

    Happy Hop Day!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same imagination as a kid. It would have been cool to have all the magic powers, that's probalby why I love paranormal. It's a genre where anything's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading ghost stories and supernatural stories has always been a first love for me with fantasy and science fiction being a close second. I've always been drawn to things that are different and I really hate to say it, "out of this world". Even in film and television I adored things like Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and other like minded things when others were watching far different things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what I wouldn't give for a pinch of magic. Even small-time things like the power to magically pick up/clean laundry would be amazing. A girl can dream, can't she? Hope you have a great weekend!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I have visions of what that would be like!! To be able to wave my hand and have the house clean in about 5 minutes would be heavenly, wouldn't it? If I read too many of those books I'd probably never read again out of jealousy (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    P.S. - I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I used to hate paranormal and fantasy, but after Harry Potter and Twilight, they've become my fav genres.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete