Friday, December 9, 2011

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2012


One of my favourite challenges is always the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge.  I am incredibly passionate about history and culture and travel whenever I can so I can learn more about people and their incredible pasts.  The more I learn, the more in awe I am over our achievements, both past and present.  I have passed this love of history to my children and they are both incredibly passionate about history and culture as well.  This challenge reminds me to pick up a historical fiction novel once in a while amongst all of the other fiction novels that I receive and to not forget my love of learning.

Each month, a new post dedicated to the HF Challenge will be created. To participate, you only have to follow the rules:
  • everyone can participate, even those who don't have a blog (you can add your book title and thoughts in the comment section if you wish)
  • add the link(s) of your review(s) including your name and book title to the Mister Linky we’ll be adding to our monthly post (please, do not add your blog link, but the correct address that will guide us directly to your review)
  • any kind of historical fiction is accepted (HF fantasy, HF young adult,...)
  • During these following 12 months you can choose one of the different reading levels:
  1. Severe Bookaholism: 20 books
  2. Undoubtedly Obsessed: 15 books
  3. Struggling the Addiction: 10 books
  4. Daring & Curious: 5 books
  5. Out of My Comfort Zone: 2 books
I am going to choose Severe Bookaholism and try to read more than 20 books this year.  Hopefully I can achieve this goal.



2 comments:

  1. *claps hands* I LOVE historical fiction and I'm so glad to hear you're part of this challenge! Mostly, I'm a Tudor-era gal, but I'm always up for a little history with my fiction!

    Can't wait to see what books you choose!


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks gal!! I'm really looking forward to it, and I've really developed an interest in the Spanish Inquisition and the Jewish situation in the 15th century. Fascinating, but at the same time I feel so much sympathy for those families who suffered.

    ReplyDelete